On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:02:04 +0200
Frantisek Lachman <flach...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dan and Daniel for the responses. You both are right. For our
> defence, this is always setup by an existing Fedora user (=human).
>
> I can't speak of rel-eng (and honestly don't know) how problematic
> this "physical removal" on request is.

it's a process that at least 2 people must go thru, one opening a
ticket, second doing the removal and closing the ticket ...

> We can at least promote the licence check more
> and provide instructions on what to do if something does not fulfil the rules.
> (E.g. as a part of the issue Ankur created and mentioned
> (https://github.com/packit/packit/issues/2035))
>
> Does anyone have any realistic solution (or an improvement) to this
> for Packit itself?
>
> We can also stop uploading the source to the lookaside cache (or make
> it configurable),
> but the benefit of such automation is significantly reduced.

I think making it configurable could be the way, for example an upstream
project where I am the developer can have the upload enabled, because I
control my licensing situation, but it shouldn't be the default for a
"random" project.

                Dan