On Fri, 2023-09-29 at 23:20 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-09-29 at 23:42 +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi.

> > > It has been gone for since the Python 3.12 rebuild in June.
> > >
> > > Perhaps some required package transitively pulled in python3-
> > > setuptools? That
> > > package provides it's own (forked) implementation of distutils.

> > > For building, I encourage trying to BuildRequire python3-
> > > setuptools
> > > and
> > > observing if it helps.
> > >

> aaah , BuildRequire python3-setuptools fix old gpgme package , and
> this
> is a good new for me :)
>
> without  python3-setuptools
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sergiomb/python2/build/6475479/
> https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/sergiomb/python2/fedora-39-aarch64/06475479-gpgme/builder-live.log.gz
> checking for the distutils Python package... no
> configure: error: cannot import Python module "distutils".
> Please check your Python installation. The error was:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils'
>
> and with python3-setuptools
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sergiomb/python2/build/6475513/
>
> > > Some links with actual build failures would be helpful.
> >
> > The failure in
> > https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/opencv looks
> > like:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy.distutils'
> >
> > That is related to this numpy update:
> >
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/numpy/c/200eb18e3f617dddb9702fcbc025236f81d6024f?branch=rawhide
> >
> > I've added -1 karma to the Fedora 39 update.
> >
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-e1b5f14c24
>

> huf , this is another issue, I already checked that builds for F39
>
> Thanks for all the support

JFTR (In case someone googled this)

 - distutils was removed from Python 3.12 since almost the very
beginning
 - python3-setuptools provides its own (forked) distutils module --
many Fedora packages depending on distutils were fixed just by adding
BuildRequires: python3-setuptools
 - numpy.distutils (depends on distutils, either the one from Python or
the one from setuptools) was removed from NumPy 1.26

--
Sérgio M. B.