On Fri, Jan 5, 2024 at 1:01 PM Milan Crha <mc...@redhat.com> wrote:

>         Hi again,
> with the problem on the rawhide, I managed to build evolution-data-
> server update for F39 with no problem, but the chain-build [1] to
> wait for the f39-build refresh/update to have the new eds. It waited
> for 2 hours, which is quite a lot of time.
>
> For what it's worth:
>
> $ koji wait-repo f39-build --build evolution-data-server-3.50.3-1.fc39
> nvr evolution-data-server-3.50.3-1.fc39 is not current in tag f39-build
>   latest build in f39-build is evolution-data-server-3.50.2-1.fc39

Yes, this only works for side tags. The previous F39 build,
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=109761881 was done in a
side tag as well.

Chain builds kinda work without side tags for rawhide, but they take
forever to complete because each individual build in the chain build needs
to go through bodhi and openqa testing, before it can land in rawhide build
root, so each step (after the build has completed) takes more than an hour.
With a side tag, chain build is much faster and you can submit everything
together to bodhi so that all the new builds are tested as a single unit.

So my suggestion would be to use a self service side tag for rawhide as
well, not just F39.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev