On Sun, 2024-02-04 at 03:55 +0100, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Neal Gompa wrote:
> > It's extremely obvious that people want to use it. You replied to
> > someone who did and denigrated their opinion. Frankly, I'm
> > disappointed in your response as well as the tone of you and Kevin.
>
> I cannot really speak for Sérgio. I do think his choice of words in
> the
> particular mail you are referring to could have been better. (In
> particular,
> I would not have used the word "crap" there.) But please keep in mind
> that
> he (like me) is not a native English speaker.

I haven't time to read all messages on this thread

My conclusion is, we have false arguments , that Xorg is old, that is
not maintained, that will give more work , even we got some lies on
some arguments and when we disassemble these arguments, they came up
with new ones, now is the tone . I know would be very fancy only have
wayland , modern  etc etc . But the true is they have the work of
remove X11 and not the opposite.

Other thought it is obvious that KDE 6 will be a disaster, I remember
Kevin step up from leader of KDE SIG, after move from KDE 3 for 4 or 4
for 5 because the work was too much and we need have a life.

And the problem here is, we haven't an agreement , since the first day
of proposal many people said that was not acceptable and there opinions
were ignored and the proposal haven't changed one bit.

I think, I and Kevin so be added to the KDE SIG , please add me at
least (here is the request) .

I think is stupid and a waste of energy, IMO, do a kwin-x11 and plasma
-x11 , like I said KDE SIG had the work of remove X11 from the builds,
to enable kwin-x11 on Fedora Rawhide is just set %bcond to 1 on
kwin.spec [1] and plasma-workspace.spec [2], so I think that should be
enable.
Another way is build the entire package with X11 and conflict with the
original because will give us less work and we will have less doubts or
user use packages from KDE SIG or user use packages from KDE-X11 SIG
and can't use both. Like happens with ffmpeg where also Neal haven't
reach to an agreement with members of RPMFusion , so now we have ffmpeg
from  RPMFUSion with one freeworld sub-package and we have fffmpeg-free
from Fedora and ffmpeg(s) conflicts each other .

It never happened to me such thing , except recently and all cases with
Neal directly involved, so I see Neal as the problem, was ImageMagick ,
was ffmpeg, was LSB , now KDE and one honest advice for Neal who
appears everywhere, try to do fewer things but be more focused

[1]
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kwin/blob/rawhide/f/kwin.spec#_2

[2]
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/plasma-workspace/blob/rawhide/f/plasma-workspace.spec#_2