On 17/05/2024 11:04, Martin Stransky wrote:
I see. I don't think it's useful for gnome search as it uses live data (also from recently visited URL) and also sorts results for popularity. It should give you the same results as writing directly to Firefox URL bar.

This is not a problem because *.sqlite databases can be opened in read-only mode. This won't conflict with the running instance of Firefox.

I expect Firefox fails to quit for some reason but as it's connected to DBus
service (as it's launched from it) so you see it as a part of it. But I bet
you'll get the same results (ff hang) without the service.

First I'll try to reproduce it on different machines (including virtual machines).

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)