On 30/10/14 10:58, Sergio Pascual wrote:
<mailto:leamas.a...@gmail.com>>:

    On 30/10/14 10:41, Sergio Pascual wrote:

        Hello

        <mailto:leamas.a...@gmail.com>
        <mailto:leamas.a...@gmail.com <mailto:leamas.a...@gmail.com>>__>:

             Hi all!

             Feeling dumb (again...) I have a package which I now need
        to split
             into subpackages.

    [cut]

        Does this help?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/__Upgrade_paths_%E2%80%94___renaming_or_splitting_packages

<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrade_paths_%E2%80%94_renaming_or_splitting_packages>

    No, not really. My case is really the one-to-many case, probably to
    simple to be mentioned in that doc (?)

You can use the n to m case, with n = 1. What the doc says is that you
create an empty -compat subpackage, that obsoletes your previous package
and that requires your new subpackages.
After one release cycle you add again your old name and obsolete the
-compat package.
That's what I understand, at least

Ahh... that should actually work! Thanks, and sorry for not reading that link once more before my first reply!

Cheers!

--alec