On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Simone Caronni <negativ...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Pavel Alexeev <fo...@hubbitus.com.ru>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> And yes, as current version of Remmina has much errors in Fedora 23 I want
>>> update it to 1.2.0-rcgit.5 in that branch too.
>>

>> Please make sure that for Fedora 23 you are not breaking Guacamole though.
>> It is ok to leave it disabled/Broken in Fedora 24 until FreeRDP releases the
>> 2.0 snapshot but not in Fedora 23 where this is up and running.
>
> No, it's not OK to leave something broken in Rawhide.  It's a bug and
> it needs to be fixed ASAP.  If it cannot be because of various package
> updates not interacting well, then the updates should have been held
> off until they could be done without breaking things.  Please stop
> suggesting that it's OK to break Rawhide.
>
> josh

It's also not okay to ignore a huge trove of bugs with multiple
commonly used applications just because *one* package can't be
upgraded. In circumstances like this, you either break the one lesser
used package, you bundle the required stuff to keep it working and out
of the global space, or you beg the upstream of the blocking package
to fix it.

Until *very* recently, that last option did not work. And even then,
we still have the problem of Remmina, Vinagre, KRDC, and many other
tools using FreeRDP having broken RDP support for *several releases*.

Frankly, I wish I had the guts that OP had to actually bring this up,
because this situation is absolutely terrible. Just because everything
compiles does not imply that it works. Guacamole is a dog of a package
because they consume FreeRDP without dealing with the consequences of
that action. And it's not like the RDP support even works in Guacamole
either.

This whole situation has been absolutely terrible, and you want to
suggest that disabling Guacamole's RDP support temporarily to fix over
half a dozen other applications (all more used than Guacamole) is
bad?!

I may sound rude for this, but frankly, the Guacamole users on rawhide
can stuff it. When our own pre-loaded applications are not properly
functional because of crap like this, we have serious issues. The only
reason I even agree at all with Simone's judgement on not breaking F23
over this is because it is in line with our policy (only under extreme
circumstances do we remove functionality in an update).