On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Mark Wielaard <m...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed one of my packages (elfutils libelf) installs a small library
> of 90K but also 1MB of .mo locale files. Given that this package will
> always be installed because it is on the critical path I thought it
> might be nice to split the locale files out into language packs so
> that you could create a smaller install. But I cannot find documentation
> on how to create langpacks. Is there a description of the conventions
> used for language packs and/or example rpm macros to help create them?

Generally langpack packages used to have their own separate sources, I
am not sure if you really require to create langpack packages for
elfutils.
But, if you want to create langpacks then just add subpackages per
available translation language which follows package naming guidelines
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Addon_Packages_.28langpacks.29

Then you need to add entry for your package in langpacks section which
is at the end of comps file.

Regards,
Parag.