On 03/02/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
Hello All!
I'd like to ask you for advice. I've packaged an application which can
use external CLI tools (not available in Fedora for various non-legal
reasons). Shall I remove support for these tools or better keep it?

The answer is "it depends".

I don't think removing support/features from tools you package is the way forward: it makes maintenance harder for you, and if users install the non-available CLI then try to use your packaged program, they would be surprised to find it can't use that external CLI tool.

Definitely make sure that your packaged app has a useful error when users try to use features that require the external CLI, and maybe even tells them where to find it if they're willing to install from external sources.

-Ryan

--
Ryan Brown / Red Hat, Inc.