Kamil Dudka (kdu...@redhat.com) said:
> > - "Minimizing the fedora docker base image footprint" (by yanking dnf et.al.
> > into a seprate container, making size of it much more irrelevant) - "DNF
> > into C initiative started" (enabling a much larger depythoning that doesn't
> > require differing library buidls)
> > - "F24 Self Contained Change: System Python"
> >
> > ... the fact that we now have four separate implementation details, all of
> > which could make different parts of the others irrelevant, makes me wonder
> > about the design behind it.
>
> So what exactly are you proposing?

1) do nothing, don't worry as much about the size difference in this context
(and/or wait for the size thing to be solved by other container minimization
efforts)

2) decide that we're OK with differing functionality in things like docker
base images provided by different builds, and figure out the general
policies around this, how we document them for users, and standard ways
Fedora as a whole wants to handle this sort of packaging.

Bill