On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 12:05:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 10:47:31 UTC, aberba wrote:
to death learning these stuff in lectures. I learnt them beyond the syllables years back on my own at a much quicker pase.

CS isnt about the languages themselves, that is trivial. Basically covered in the first or second semester.

You become experienced and skilled when you're passionate about it.

Sure, imperative languages are all mostly the same, and easy to learn once you know the basics (C++ being an exception). Learning frameworks takes time, but there are too many frameworks for anyone to master, and they are quickly outdated.

So the only knowledgebase that isnt getting outdated are the models from CS.

Wirth puts it nicely, it is all about algorithms, data structures and
learning how to apply them to any language.