On Saturday, 20 January 2024 at 22:53:15 UTC, privateWHAT wrote:
On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 07:19:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

* establish support for fleshing out ideas before a DIP is even written

It's 2024. That should have been the principle a decade ago

Remember how the so called 'discussions' about the 'privateThis' concept always got heaped on. People just wanted to shut it down rather that discuss it. 'Go write a DIP' was the response...remember.

The class vs module level of encapsulation was fleshed out a lot in the forums awhile back. I think it's fair to say most people where happy (or neutral) with the status quo, and were not convinced by the pro-class-level arguments.

I also suspect those that did prefer class level private (I believe this is what Atila prefers), it's not high on their list of priorities.

Jordan