On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 13:23:17 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
The D Language Foundation's monthly meeting for January 2024 was held on Friday the 12th. There were two things of particular note about this meeting.

[...]

I have some things to feedback on those points

### Item 6
I had done my DIP thinking mostly about intermediate values on mixin template. That would make the value not included in mixin template, but yes, static foreach also needs that, so a good solution would be one that solves them both.

### Item 7
Redub is a tool that is basically a dub clone which improves what dub is not doing very smartly: building. Recently I've done a simple, yet major UX improvement: if dmd is not found, it tries ldc.

But the apex of UX I've done is inside my engine, but I've shared a plenty of times: build selector.

This tool is focused into:

All the items ending with a `*` are optionally done by the user.

- Downloads a D compiler if none is found on the user system
- Downloads and installs git [only on Windows that is automatic. Other systems it shows an error requiring that to be done] - [Windows] - Installs MSVC and vcruntime so D is able to build it on systems that doesn't have this option (I needed that when running with a VM). - Download Android SDK/NDK [based on the user system], with the supported LDC compiler and sets up the DFLAGS required to build for Android.* - Sets up a custom D runtime which supports building to WASM, sets up the DFLAGS required to build it. May also get a supported compiler.*
- Sets the DFLAGS required for being able to build for iOS.*

### Item 8

There was a project which is basically rdmd but faster out there, done by Jonathan Marler.
- https://github.com/dragon-lang/rund
Sometime ago I thought about just pushing to d tools, but since no one cared about, I simply abandoned the idea, but there it is:
  • D Language Fo... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Hipreme via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: D La... Dukc via Digitalmars-d-announce