On Friday, 10 May 2024 at 15:23:39 UTC, Andy Valencia wrote:
On Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Yes, we say that a type has "truthiness" if it can be used in a condition (`while`, `if`, `assert`, etc).

So if I may ask for one more small clarification... WRT "truthiness", I've observed that empty arrays are treated as false, non-empty as true.

Arrays evaluate to true in boolean conditions if their `.ptr` field is non-null. This is bug-prone and I hope we can remove this in the next edition.

However, although I thought a string was basically an immutable array of characters, "" is treated as true, not false?

A string literal's `.ptr` field is always non-null, because it is null-terminated.