Danny,

It depends upon the politics of the country. As a farmer, and one who
follows this kind of thing fairly closely, it is clear to me that there
is currently enough food to go around although there is going to come a
time where we simply can not support the world population which is
increasing a billion people, primarily in the developing world, just
over each decade.

Sadly, food withholding was used to control and kill millions of people
in the past and it is still being used as a weapon in some parts of the
world. Libya may be the first country to put this many computers in the
hands of each child but they don't actually have that many kids, just
over a million and should have plenty to eat considering the oil
revenues and changes in the politics of that country in recent time.

It is going to be interesting to see the long term effects of allowing
this kind of technology to the masses in a developing country. My guess
is that it will cause changes, some unintended, because children easily
accept their environment as "normal." Look at the kids of today in
developing countries that live as if we have always had current
technology of cell phones, ipods, notebooks, internet, HDTV, etc:)

Rick W.

Danny Douglas wrote:

>It sounds like a fine idea.  I just hope they want to insure the kids have
>food to eat, before they feed them from the screen.
>
>Danny Douglas N7DC
>ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
>SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
>DX 2-6 years each.