John,

There is no argument here.  It is critical that you give the correct
frequency. When I was unable to connect, I was not sure if it was
propagation or possibly not aligning the frequencies.

For this kind of operation you must be very close to the net frequency
or it is simply not going to work.

Normally, when you give the frequency, without any other parameters,
such as a dial frequency + offset, it is always assumed by competent
operators to be the zero beat frequency.  The operator then decides
where they want to set their dial frequency for their particular situation.

I have an ICOM 756 Pro 2 and because of the way the variable Twin PBT
work, it is advantageous for me to put the tones at 1500 Hz offset. I
can do it at 1000 Hz, but then I can not control interferance as easily
because the range of the filters does not extend down far enough toward
the 1000 Hz point since they are designed to work around 1500 Hz.

So when attempting to work on 14076.5,  I set my rig on 14075 and place
my offset at 1500 in the waterfall. Using your current 14076.5 USB dial
frequency + 1000 Hz, I need to move way up to 14.076 if I use the same
1500 Hz offset.

Unfortunately, I tried again on this band but no luck, but in this case
I suspect the propagation would not be right.

John Bradley wrote:

>thank you for splitting hairs.
>
>Now, for those who are actually interested in trying a mode than arguing about
>it, I am at 14076.5 USB, dial frequency, centered on 1000hz,
>using PAX2, multiPSK ,as of 1845Z
>
>John
>VE5MU

<*> Your email settings: