From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andrew O'Brien
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 9:00 PM
To: DIGITALRADIO
Subject: [digitalradio] Sound card install problem

I have been having a couple of small but odd-ball issues with
Multipsk and Microkeyer and thought I would try another sound card ,
just for the heck of it. I disabled my on-board sound card and
installed a Creative Audigy PCI card. I have installed many
soundcards over the years but ran in to an basic problem with the
latest card. When I attempt the software install from the supplied
CD, it eventually asks me to insert the XP HE path that contains
service pack 2. I have no CD for my OS, the PC came with XP HE
already installed . The install attempt fails the first time, when I
try it a second time the XP service pack question does not come up and
I get a "installed successfully" message. After a reboot, the new
"hardware detected " comes up, the soundcard drivers are not
installed successfully. I have been to busy at the office to get home
in time to call Creative's help line.

Anyone have any ideas how I get the service pack 2 stuff ? Maybe it
is on my HD somewhere ?

Andy K3UK