Ladies and Gentlemen

I respectfully request that each of us take a moment to read page 50 in
ARRL's QST magazine, December 2007 edition.

It addresses signal quality of digital transmissions using the PC
soundcard, and how to avoid over-driving the signal.  Overdriving causes
spallter and occupies unnecessary bandwidth.  Specific, simple detailed
steps are provided.  Terrific explanation and great info!

Please share this with other hams, new and old.  Some of us (myself
included) have made mistakes in the past.  While these were made out of
a lack of knowledge/skill, it is the responsibility of those more
experienced in our hobby to share and help educate others.  The result
will be more proficient operations by all, through cleaner signals and
proper operation of our equipment.

If you do not subscribe to QST, I would be happy to share the summary of
the article (without violating Copyright).

Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net <http://wd4elg.net>  (30+ years in the
hobby, and learning new things every day)