----- Original Message -----
From: "Steinar Aanesland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: FDMDV confusion

> Hi Dave,
>
> A quote for this document
> http://n1su.com/fdmdv/FDMDV_Docs_Rel_1.0_revised.pdf
>
> "Tuning: Two methods of tuning are available, Manual Tune and
> Auto Tune. Both use the mouse pointer that changes to a “+”
>when moved within the display area. For Auto Tune, just left click
> anywhere within the display to sync your receive frequency to the
> TX signal.

 >SNIP<  >SNIP<

Hi Steinar, those were helpful tips for sure.  I installed the program
this afternoon and had immediate success with receive.  I heard
the following stations, starting at around 1700Z or so on 14.236:

K0PFX  Mel    St. Louis
N1FFX  Gerry Sterling, MA  FN42
K4RTN Jack   Brooksville, FL

Signals were good and I copied all three stations fine with good
quality until fade caused deterioration..  Eventually, I left for some
shopping after a period.

Then, around 2025Z I tried again and picked up >/= 5/9 +5 signals::

W7QQF  ED  PHoenix  Calling a station but seeming to take turns
with -
K3DCC  Jim  Albuquerque, NM  and neither station heard the other.

WB6RPO and K3DCC sort of "collided" from time to time but when
both weren't talking at the same time, both were clear..

After not too long a time, next heard:

WB5RRR  Sandy Enid, OK  EM16 with a 5/9 + 10 signal and clear.
around 2032Z

I played around with your "hints 'n kinks" and saw the effects.  The
methods seemed to help nicely and showed me something I was
not aware of.  BTW, the quality of the signal audio tends to grow
on you.

Howard W6IDS
Richmond, IN

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

View the DRCC numbers database at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitalradio/database

<*> Your email settings: