This is a very well thought out solution to a on-going vexing problem on
the HF RTTY/data bands. I have submitted my comments to the FCC in
concurrence with Mark's petition and I strongly suggest that those who
agree or those who disagree with the petition, submit your comments.

If the petition was to be accepted, the wider digital modes such as 2
kHz MT-63, Olivia, and the wide form of ALE, would no longer be
permitted to operate in most of the HF RTTY/data sub bands. Of course
the wide form of ALE can still operate in the voice portions for
signaling purposes which is probably a more appropriate use and other
wide modes can also operate there for the purpose of sending image/fax.