After reading all of the comments posted regarding this topic, it
appears that it is a mini version of "regulation by bandwidth". It
appears to me that it effectively would ban digital modes wider than
1.5kHz from the lower 100kHz of HF bands.

I agree that automatic operation is a problem, and this can only start
from a PMBO or PMBO like system, however, a PMBO system does not
transmit until it had been queried by a "client". This takes a PMBO
out of the realm of unattended operation, even though it is automatic
operation.

I don't favor any petition whose effect would be to stifle innovation,
and frankly, the digital modes are where amateur innovation is
occurring. Not to say I don't support CW or Voice, but never to the
exclusion of newer modes because of their signal characteristics.

I have submitted a comment in opposition to this petition.

Thanks for the time,
Phil ..