Ahhh, the old days....300 baud HF packet. I remember when it was all
the rage in the early 1990s. Now, VHF packet (1200 baud) was much more
interesting and I even had a packet BBS. That was in eastern PA. Now I
live in Pittsburgh and can find no VHF packet activity whatsoever. To
the O.P. - look for some packet in your area around 145.01, 145.03,
145.05, 145.07, 145.09 - that might have changed over the years too
but thats where it used to be!

73-Scott
KN3A

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FYI, here is some traffic I just copied on 14095
>

> [FBB-7.00g-ABFHM$]
> FA B G8MNY WW TECH 40474_GB7CIP 6084
> F> 55
> [FBB-7.00g-ABFHM$]
> FA B G8MNY WW TECH 40474_GB7CIP 6084
> F> 55
> FBB-7.00g-ABFHM$]
> FA B G8MNY WW TECH 40474_GB7CIP 6084
> F> 55
>
> It looks like BBS forwarding using the FBB software.
> Andy K3UK
>
> On Dec 25, 2007 2:32 PM, Andrew O'Brien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Packet can be easily found on 30M, the APRS stations on 10151 use
> > packet.  .  Try also 14095 for packet BBS traffic .  on HF it is 300
> > baud packet (below 10M)
> >

> > Andy K3UK
> >

> > On Dec 25, 2007 1:31 PM, kaboona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hello all and Merry Christmas.
> > >
> > >  I just recently discovered packet radio. The fact that it
exists in VHF
> > > makes it interesting to
> > >  me. Now, I understand that it also exists in HF. I use two of
the Kenwood
> > > radios that have a
> > >  TNC built in for this purpose and a signalink interface for the
HF rig at