Hello to all,

I would be interested to study JT65 and, perhaps, add this mode to Multipsk
(let's say before the end of 2008 or the beginning of 2009).
The JT65 specifications are too much general and don't permit to build a code
from them.
I saw that the sources (Fortran and C or C++?) of JT65 exist but there are a
lot of files and it is impossible for me to extract the specifications from
them (I am not programmer). However even for a programmer, I suppose that this
must be complex.

I think the only solution (at least for me) would be to work in team. The goal
would be:

1) to understand how JT65 is built going into details from the sources (reverse
engineering) and to write precise specifications,

2) to share the sources into functional blocks so as to know the role of each
one. It would be necessary, afterwards, to organize all these blocks in some
diagram so as to permit for anyone to understand the general working (RX, TX,
data management),

3) to translate the compressed (many operations in the same line, the general
meaning being hidden) source coding in C or C++, into some pseudo-code easy to
read, or in Basic as it seems the most readable and it is known by everyone or
in non-compressed C source coding.

The goal would be that this permit to any Ham having yet written a code for
coding/decoding a mode (and so used to a minimum of digital processing) to
write his own JT65 code (in Basic, Pascal, C or whatever) and to understand the
working.
All this might be public and the exchanges done within a Yahoo group.

If anybody is interested, tell me.

73
Patrick