I cannot believe the holder of a valid ham radio
license would ever come out and say this ....

FROM .....

--- "John B. Stephensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"If the rule changes are to extend beyond 29 MHz,
narrow-band segments on the VHF and UHF bands should
allow a maximum bandwidth of 8 kHz. This provides
protection for weak-signal enthusiasts.
Wide-band segments should allow 200 kHz maximum
bandwidth between 29 and 225 MHz.

WHAT PROTECTION FOR WHO ??????

EXPLAIN THIS ? WHO WOULD BE PROTECTED ?????

Some digi moron who would sit on 29.600?, 50.125? or
144.200 ?

Here we go again 90% of those bands for 1% of all hams

Do you think anymore than the analog morons that sit
on calling frequencies and destroy them for all others
that adding digital would help weak signal work?
Do you think 200 kHz wide signals on bands under 2 MHz
or 4 MHz wide is a good use of BAND SPACE?
Lets not go there with you will not even hear the "
RISE IN BACK GROUND NOISE" power has to go SOMEWHERE
..... and if legal they could not be stopped.

How come no one has address my posting about the many
MHz of UNUSED space above 219 that you already have?

We as non digital users have right too and no where do
I see any protections for existing users only placing
non compatible mods on already well used bands while
UNUSED bands sit empty.

Bruce

Like D-Star ( DEATH-STAR )  demanding repeater pairs
here in Florida with ZERO usage of the 3 here in
tampabay how crowed is 223 and 440 MHz are you out of room?

Be a better friend, newshound, and