The only time you would need specific tones as Demetre mentions below,
is if you have filters that are preset for those tones. This is the way
it used to be in the past with one filter tuned for the mark frequency
and the other for the shift frequency offset. Mostly that was
standardized with a 170 Hz shift in later years. Early equipment had 850
Hz and commercial equipment often used 425 Hz. So having different
filter combinations from the "standard ones" was not practical since
they were tuned and fixed as best you could get them and each discrete
filter was relatively expensive.

In the late 1970's the integrated circuit made it much easier to build
filters that were easily adjustable with a potentiometer instead of
adding and subtracting capacitors from an array of 88 mH and /or 44 mH
toroids (remember those!). One of my early homebrew TU's used the
XR-2206 tone generator and XR-2211 tone decoder. Not as good as the
older equipment, but incredibly compact, inexpensive, low voltages, etc.
Until packet radio wiped out VHF RTTY in our area, I used that TU with a
Model 15 teleprinter for "local" contacts through our RTTY regenerative
repeater.

Today the filter is often in the software program you are running on
your computer and it no longer matters what the tones are. You move the
cursor along the waterfall to place your signal or to decode the signal
and the mark tone may be 500 Hz, 1214 Hz, 2001Hz, but it could even be
2125 Hz if you so choose and want to tune the rig so that the tone is at
that point. But it is not necessary to do this as long as the
relationship (the shift) remains proper at 170 Hz for most cases, and
with the mark tone high, as it relates to FSK. With AFSK and using a
different sideband things are a bit reversed, but as I mentioned
earlier, the programmers have mostly standardized on leaving the rig on
USB if using AFSK and they make the tones work correctly as if you were
actually transmitting FSK with mark high.