> So far I am very impressed with NBEMS's performance......especially
> considering it was not meant for non-NVIS HF paths....for non-NVIS HF
> paths you might consider lowering the FLARQ "exponent" parameter to 2
> or 3....it shortens frame length and makes for less re-tries.

Don't make the block length less than 16 characters (exp 4) except for
situations
where you have heavy QRN. The packet overhead is 8 characters, and you
will loose tons of speed. We have learned this during 3 years of practise with
pskmail. I don't know if Dave implemented the adaptive block length feature,
that should settle for the optimum block length for the condx automatically.
Pskmail does not use block lengths less than 8.

73,

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

View the DRCC numbers database at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitalradio/database

<*> Your email settings: