Have had the opportunity to use NBEMS on 30m and would offer the following
observations:

.         I like how Vbdigi , flarq, and the email software sylpheed work
together. I set up sylpheed to one of my email addresses and it looks like I
can receive mail via Vbdigi, and easily bounce it over to the internet.
Haven't tried writing any "mail rules" with sylpheed to do that semi
automatically yet.

.         Vbdigi works well as a small, simple stand-alone piece to use for
PSK MFSK and RTTY. Menu is intuitive and easy to use.

.         Not crazy over the flarq file and mail transfer system. While ARQ,
the packet size is huge and would result in endless repeats under anything
other than ideal conditions.  Sending mail , the software would break down a
1K test message into 2 , or 3 packets at the most. Using HF, the time taken
to send one packet would be very subject to the usual QSB/QRM/QRN etc which
on a large packet would likely result in a repeat.   Smaller packet sizes
would improve the software very much .

.         File transfer using Flarq was slower than Multipsk ALE400, using
PSK31. Would be much slower with any repeats.

Am interested in further experiments and look forward to meeting anyone
interested on 80-20M

John

VE5MU