Over the past several weeks I have been operating digital modes on 30m and
have come to the conclusion that

This is a highly under-rated band.

Currently there are 3 automatic spotting stations running on 30M PSK on
10140.0. They are N9Puz, KF4IN, and VK2XGT. The spotting page is very rapid,
with spots appearing as fast as you do.  VK2XGT is hearing very little North
American stations, with only the occasional K6 showing up. The VK station is
posting lots of European stations, however and I can only hope that our
summer propagation on 30M is as good as what they are hearing.

>From my QTH, which is DO70QK , N9PUZ is 1668km (1000 miles) away and KF4IN
is 3197km (1900 miles) away.  Both stations are almost on  the same bearing
from me (approx 130deg)

Most days, N9PUZ is able to hear me from about 1300Z to 0400/0500Z, and
posts my call automatically . even when the band appears to be completely
dead in the evenings, the N9 station usually posts my call after the first
try. KF4IN will post calls from me at different times during the day mainly
from 1600z to 2200z. I have not shown up on the VK station.

It would be interesting to see a little more activity on 30M in the evenings
to see what the propagation really does.

The 30M spotting page can be found at  http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/

John

VE5MU