Andy,

I believe that somehow it has been already done and is hidden to most of us.

How ?

I have not tried to run the recent Linux ham apps from the command line,
but the cron can be used to start and stop tasks in one minute
intervals. You can invoke either applications or scripts with arguments.

Years ago (some 8+ years ago), I used the FBB cron to switch bands with
an automatic antenna tuner / switch, that even allowed remote QSY of the
BBS with a simple CAT program I wrote for the FT-757.

I am crossposting this reply to both linuxham* lists and the WSJT Group,
because that even when I have not done it, somebody might already have
done it and might comment about this.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

--

--
MSc. Jose Angel Amador Fundora
Departamento de Telecomunicaciones

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu