> Skip KH6TY wrote
> The IARU Region 2 bandplans, effective
> January 1, 2008, recommend additional restricitions
> on automatic operations
>http://www.iaru-r2.org/wp-content/uploads/region-2-mf-hf-bandplan-e.pdf

Hi Skip,

The IARU Region 2 Bandplan you reference is exactly
the same as the one I referenced, and you can click
on the map and see it at:
http://hflink.com/bandplans

As of 01 January 2008, there exists a significant
malfunction between the new IARU Region 2 bandplan
and the USA FCC regulations regarding automatically
controlled data stations.

Operators in USA must follow FCC regulations.
They cannot follow the IARU Region 2 Bandplan
where it contradicts FCC regulations.

Doesn't it seem odd, that the IARU Region 2 bandplan
committee would adopt a bandplan they know absolutely
cannot be followed by more than 95% of the operators
in IARU Region 2?

This is the first time that such a thing has happened
as far as I know. Perhaps it was due to inadvertent
error. We haven't seen any corrections published (yet).

Bonnie KQ6XA