Hi Bob,

The digital modes are not often mixed with analog and since the analog
were there first, they tend to use the lower frequency, particularly on
20 meters.

Since you are quite close to me, you may find that best signals on 40
meters as a good choice. The most active operator is Dave Jones, KB4YZ,
located in Indiana.

Most of operation on 40 meters is digital SSTV but some hams may still
be operating analog on 20 or other frequencies. There may be
Yahoogroups, but one thing about SSTV is that all the coordination is
done with voice and that probably means SSB voice most of the time, so
you can ask questions. Dave is very helpful and pleasant although I have
found some of the older hams to be a bit unpleasant with newcomers who
ask questions.

The most popular software at the moment seems to be EasyPal and seems to
have eclipsed WinDRM for digital SSTV.

I recommend Dave's site for SSTV information:

http://www.kiva.net/~djones/

Scroll down to the EasyPal (New Version) section for information and
downloads.