For people who don't want the 'hassle' of installing some perl modules
via CPAN there are 2 possibilities:

* Run pskmail and fldigi from the pskmail_puppy live CD.  It boots in 45
seconds
the second time if you save some files on your C drive after first use.
This will give you fldigi 2.09 and pskmail client version 0.6.

* This also works from a 256MB bootable USB drive. As it runs totally in RAM it
is
lightning fast.

* Run pskmail inside windows.  This is as easy as unzipping a zip file in your
C drive and
installing 1 driver (KQEMU). Also a 1-click affair.  You need at least 256 MB
Ram for this.
If you tell it to do so it will automatically saveyour config data and mail
afterwards (also to a
separate USB stick). Uses VESA only. 1024x768 is works fine in XP.

It is impossible for me to port it to window$, as the program uses a lot of
Linux native tools.
The APRS part (yes, pskmail is a full-fledged HF APRS messenger) has been done
for windows by
UT1HZM. The arq part is more difficult...

In EU I can use 4 servers at the moment from where I am. IS0GRB-3, PI4TUE,
DL9YCS, SM0RWO.
Depending on time of day. Most beacons are qsl'ed by 2 servers all the time.
Using 20 Watts from my RV
on a campsite in Spain. Last email session on 19:30 local with DL9YCS on 30
meters PSK250 with zero repeats.

Several servers are operated in the US and 1 in Australia. Best set up a server
yourself for initial testing...

http://pskmail.wikispaces.com
http://www.freelists.org/archives/pskmail/
http://www.pskmail.de

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Check our other Yahoo Groups....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional