--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Tony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Need to replace the PC in the shack and would like to find something
> that's RFI-free out of the box. I've had terrible luck with desktop
> PC's, but the last two laptops (Toshiba) were very quiet.
>
> I'm leaning towards something in the small-PC catagory with an LCD
> monitor. Sound card and multiple USB ports are a must. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tony -K2MO

 I went through this and found 2 things that solved the problem I tied
the station earth to the metal case of the desktop and changed refresh
rate of the monitors, this where most of the birdies where coming from.

Now I can run dual screens with Cat5 extender on Mouse Keyboard +
screen to another room, had to wind the cat5 cable through 15 turns on
an old ferrite from TV tube to quieten it down.

Peter - VK6AAL