I looked at this only a few weeks ago when I first heard about it. The
concept is very interesting since it would give you a faster and lighter
Windows 2000 kind of OS. The problem is that it has been worked on for
10 years and has a long way to go as it is only now reaching late alpha
at version 0.4. There is a great deal of further work to be done and it
is difficult to know how many people are behind this effort or whether
it could ever become practical to use. Even the TCP/IP stack is very
poor from reading some of the reviews, and in order to make the OS
successful, many disparate parts have to be rewritten and optimized. An
OS needs the synergy of all the parts working simultaneously in order
for it to work successfully.