At 08:36 PM 3/28/2008, you wrote:

>Why do I find so so many RTTY signals up side down
>on the ham bands.

I think it is because many of the sound card programs give you mark
high and space low when the rig is using USB.  A newbie asks which
sideband to use and someone invariably says LSB.  USB/LSB depends on
which software package that you use and its defaults.  I use MixW and
to get mark high space low you using the defaults with AFSK, the rig
should be set to USB.

I don't think many inexperienced operators actually check to see what
RF frequencies they are actually transmitting.

73,
Mark N5RFX