Digital modes on 160m don't seem to be important for the RAC ...
otherwise they would have recognised that - like on 40 m where it has
been considered - Region I has a different assignment for digital
modes which is exactly in the RAC CW DX window. Frequencies below
1810 khz, by the way, are not allowed for amateur radio use in Region
I. So let's continue to train our expertise in split operation.

At least a foot note (and there are many in the bandplan already)
would have been appropriate to inform the user that it's not unlikely
that the weak DX signals between 1838 and 1840 will be in competition
with strong local digital signals ...

73

Juergen, DL8LE

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Mark Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> RAC announces a newly revised HF Band Plan
>
> The HF band plan presently in use in Canada was adopted in 1996.
Since then, many changes have happened in the Amateur radio world and
other band plans have been revised and modified.

> Let us only mention the changes announced by the FCC in 2007
affecting the US band plan and the revised one adopted by the IARU
Region 2 countries at the Brasilia conference in September 2007.

> Just under two years ago, Radio Amateurs of Canada had asked Bob
Nash, VE3KZ, a former First Vice President of RAC, to re-activate the
HFBPC (HF Band Planning Committee) with a goal to review and
modernize the Canadian HF Band Plan. Bob's committee has since worked
very hard in studying and consulting all across Canada to eventually
come up with a band plan proposed to the Board of Directors of Radio
Amateurs of Canada.

> The RAC Board has adopted this plan at its July 2008 meeting and
the new band plan is now on the RAC Web page at:
http://www.rac.ca/service/bandplans/hfband_e.php

> RAC wants to thank the HFBPC members for their hard work and wishes
the Canadian Amateur community much pleasure in using the new band
plans.