First, this is not meant as an 'attack' on Soundblaster. I know a
lot of people use them successfully. It's merely meant as an aid to
anyone who may have unexplainable problems with their computers.

    When I had my Soundblaster Audigy installed in my PC, I started
having a lot of problems with my DXLabs applications and MultiPSK.
Strange error messages and performance issues. The DXLabs author spent a
great deal of time trying to diagnose these problems. Finally, I decided
to try the built-in sound card, and wouldn't you know, all the issues
cleared up. Happy to have found the culprit, I replaced the Audigy with
another Soundblaster card, since the on-board card doesn't work well for
digital radio.

    Little problems began to show up again. Once in a while, the PC
wouldn't boot properly, but most of the issues were with digital ham
apps. Beginning to see a trend, I just replaced the Soundblaster again,
but this time with an inexpensive Diamond brand sound card. All problems
have completely disappeared!

    This isn't an ad for Diamond sound cards, or a blanket condemnation
of Soundblaster. Just a hopefully informative note to anyone out there
who has problems with their PC that are unexplainable by other causes,
that looking at your sound card /*might*/ be a place to look.

73
Dave
KB3MOW