Thanks for the suggestions, I suspect a monitor related issue.  I just
put in a Linux boot disk (FL-Digi) and I do not even get a signal to
the monitor, nothing displayed at all, same when i try to boot the HD
with Windows XP. .  The video is on the motherboard so there is no
video CARD to reseat.  I'm going to switch video cables and see if it
is a cable issue.

Andy K3UK