There is always a search for a "Holy Grail" of digital modes for ham radio,
with ease of use, performance, robustness, resistance to atmospheric
doppler, bandwidth, speed, FUN, etc!

Personally, I just like the musical sound of MFTTY and appreciate the
uniqueness of Norbert's approach. Once the user friendliness gets ironed
out, I look forward to being able to find people using the mode often. MFTTY
is easily distinguishable from other modes - it sounds a little like Throb
perhaps, but not idential, so I do not think it is so much a "different
tongue" on the Tower of Babel that is difficult to distinguish on the
waterfall presentation, as some of the flavors of Olivia and DominoEx are.

Other opinions may vary, of course, but my opinion is that I just ENJOY
using the mode. It probably will never be as popular as PSK31 for chatting,
but it definitely is FUN in my persoanl opinion! (I am one of those old guys
who started with a green key machine on RTTY and miss the clatter and smell
of the machine oil - but I also appreciate the progress in performance,
convenience, and friendliness of the soundcard modes).

Let's all play with MFTTY and send Norbert our comments and suggestions. It
might turn out to be more than it appears at first glance. One thing is for
sure, Norbert has done a very complete and respectable job on these initial
beta implementations!

73, Skip KH6TY