Tony, the recommended ARQ procedure is in the Help menu in flarq:

"Initiating an ARQ connect session

Start by sending a 'CQ NBEMS' or some similar unique way of indicating that
you are seeking to send ARQ traffic. Do this from the digital modem program
and not from flarq. The potential station for receiving your ARQ traffic
will answer in the clear. Negotiate what digital mode you will use for the
ARQ connection; ie: PSK-63, PSK-125, PSK-250, MFKS-16 etc. Then try that
mode without ARQ to be sure that QRN and QSB will not seriously disrupt the
connection. Ask the responding station to send an ARQ beacon using flarq.
You will then see his ARQ callsign appear in the callsign window.

Click the CONNECT button to connect with that station. The text next to the
diamond will change to CONNECTING and remain that way during the connect
time out period. During the connection process the CONNECT button will be
disabled (greyed out)."

There is more which I do not reproduce here.

I suggest you make a sked or call "CQ NBEMS" at a time that you post here.
The reason for this is that MFSK16 or MFSK32 require accurate tuning, and
the beacon does not stay on very long so someone can tune you in, especially
using MFSK32. If you use DominoEx 11 you will have a better chance, since
tuning is not nearly as critical.

The reason we do not want people to "beacon" before establishing a
connection is that the possibility of transmitting over someone already
using the frequency is very high, and that is inappropriate for these shared
ham bands. By calling CQ, you will find a clear frequency that will not
override anyone else. Once you are in QSO, the frequency is yours until you
sign, just like any other QSO.

If you start with the slower modes, you will have a better chance to
connect, as their minimum S/N is lower. You can even shift to a faster mode
during the transfer, coordinating with "Plain Talk".

I am available for a sked if you wish.

73, Skip KH6TY