  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:35 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Contestia / MT63 Skeds pse

  QRV - 14108.0 USB

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Tony" <d...@optonline.net>
  To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:14 PM
  Subject: Contestia / MT63 Skeds pse

  All,

  Would like to run a few tests with Contestia (16/1K) and MT63 (1K) this
  evening. The goal is to see if sensitivity simulations compare well with
  on-air testing. Contestia should have an advantage since the peak-to-average
  output is much better. Not sure about it's QRM resistance.

  The MT63 mode is somewhat faster in terms of characters-per-minute, but it
  also has quite a bit of latency that adds to the total TX/RX turn around
  time.

  I tested both using a 100 word Pangram and found that MT63-1K (long
  interleave) took 50 seconds to finish the text and 61 seconds to complete.
  Contestia-16/1K took 64 seconds. The 8/1K Constestia mode took 43 seconds.

  Should be interesting to see how these modes compare. Not exactly lighting
  speed and not much call for this other than those who prefer high-speed
  chatting, but I think it's useful information nonetheless. I'll be QRV this
  evening - March 25/26. Skeds welcome....

  Tony -K2MO