> " Moving traffic " IS NOT what 99% of hams want to do on > 20 meters working
> DX IS.
> And this band is filled with stations doing just that.

I think you are quit right, Bruce, and the Winlink 2000 network is probably
currently the most efficient say of "moving traffic", but that interests less
than 1% of the licensed hams in the US.

A single 3 KHz-wide Pactor-3 channel can, under average good conditions,
process about 400 wpm per minute, and this assumes the channel is busy all the
time. In comparison, a single 3 KHz-wide "channel" can accomodate 30 PSK63
stations, all simultaneously sending traffic at 100 wpm, for a total of about
3000 wpm.

Since the traffic on PSK63 can be passed in parallel, instead of serially, as
on the Pactor-3 channel, the narrowband modes are obviously more efficient
overall than a sngle Pactor-3 channel.

73, Skip KH6TY
http://kh6ty.home.comcast.net