Welcome Bob.  DM780 will perform well for you with the most popular
modes, Multipsk will add a few more modes.  Take a look at FLDIGI
also.  All three will give you the most used modes.  In addition to
RTTY and PSK31, the most common other modes are

Feld-Hell
Olivia
MFSK16

I have heard over 200 unique call signs on JT65A mode in the past 3
weeks, so don't forget that mode.  It is perhaps the "oddest" mode in
that there  is essentially no conversation, just the exchange of
callsign and signal report.  Multipsk has that mode,  a new
application JT65A-HF is due out in a few weeks.

Andy K3UK