I think MARS uses MixW mostly for MT63. Here in South Carolina, in Navy
MARS, we are standardizing on using fldigi for MT63, and before that
some people used MixW and some used Nino's program. It all boils down to
whicher user interface is easier to use, or to train people to use. If
everyone uses the same program in a traffic net, then training on one
single program is much simpler.

We have also started introducing a utility we call "Wrap"
(http://w1hkj.com/wrap.html)  to South Caroina NAVY MARS, which is used
to verify the error-free receipt of the message. Fldigi can
automatically parse all the incoming text, extract the wrapped messages,
and numerically date stamp and file them for later "unwrapping". None of
the other MT63 modems do that, of course.

73, Skip
KH6TY
NNN0VFA