Hello Ian,

Here is some information about PSK Packet.

Important: in BPSK63 Packet, set the FRACK option at, at least, 8 seconds
(the standard 5 sec is not sufficient).

73
Patrick

Coding/Decoding of Packet BPSK1200 and new modes Packet BPSK250 and BPSK63
The BPSK1200 Packet mode is used for satellite (as LUSAT LO-19 for example)
transmissions in UHF (USB). But it could also be used in VHF (FM ) with a
better performance than Packet FSK, in Unproto (APRS) or in connected mode.

The BPSK250 and BPSK63 Packet modes are experimental and could be used
favourably for APRS transmissions in HF.

Description of the PSK Packet 1200:

The PSK Packet at 1200 bauds shares the same characteristics as the FSK
Packet at 1200 bauds, except some ones:

* the modulation is a DBPSK one (differential binary phase shift keying),
as, for example, in PSK31. DBPSK is better that FSK,

* bandwidth : about 2000 Hz

* Pmean/Ppeak: 0.79

* the lowest S/N is about +6 dB,

* very high capacity (up to 40 Hz/sec) to follow a satellite drift (using
the Cat system of the transceiver).

This mode is used for satellite (as LUSAT LO-19 for example) transmissions
in UHF (USB). But it could also be used in VHF (FM ) with a better
performance than Packet FSK, in Unproto (APRS) or in connected mode.

Description of the PSK Packet 63 and 250 bauds:

The modulation is the same as BPSK1200 with a different speed.

The BPSK Packet at 250 bauds has a bandwidth of about 500 Hz and a lowest
S/N of about -2 dB whereas the BPSK Packet at 63 bauds (62.5 in fact) has a
bandwidth of about 160 Hz and a lowest S/N of about -8 dB.