  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:57 AM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Multipsks ALE-400 - Simultaneous mail transfers and
more.

  All,

  John (VE5MU) and I had a lengthy ALE-400 contact this evening and we decided
to experiment a bit. We found that while I was sending mail to John (mail gets
stored in Multipsks mailbox) he was able to continue chatting with me.

  In other words, he was able to type messages and I was able to see them while
my outgoing mail was being transferred. Of course, the conversation was
one-sided until the mail transfer completed; Multipsk automatically switched
back to two-way ARQ chat mode after that.

  We also found that it was possible to send mail to each other SIMULTANEOUSLY.
This slowed the transfer down of course since the usually short acknowledgments
from the receiving station turned into ACK + mail data.

  Patrick's Multipsk / ALE-400 is certainly unique. The mode itself seems to
have a good balance between robust performance and speed.

  Tony -K2MO