From: mikea <mi...@mikea.ath.cx>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, October 22, 2009 7:44:55 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Puppy Mail

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 07:23:10PM -0700, Russell Blair wrote:
> Andy, I cant get the Puppy to load from CD, I put the CD in the drive
>and reboot, the monitor just goes blank. Did you have to do anything
>other than just put the CD in the drive and reboot. I download the
>ISO (PSKmail-Puppy-412.iso). Well I will keep trying to get it to
>work..

Your PeeCee has to be set up to boot from CD.

Some can't, in which case you're SOL on that device.

Many can, but the CD isn't set up in the boot device list. The BIOS
setup screen is the place to go to add the CD; it needs to go before the
hard disk, or it'll never be checked for a bootable CDROM in it. Getting
to the BIOS setup screen can be an interesting exercise in its own
right; Google for the right incantation for your manufacturer and model.

A few come from the vendor or manufacturer already set to look at the CD
drive before the hard disk, in which case you're in clover.

And, of course, you have to use the right incantation to get the ISO
image burned to a CDROM as a disk instead of as an ISO file. That may
take some research on its own, if you haven't found it already.

Very best of luck.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mi...@mikea.ath.cx

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Pages at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended digital mode software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk
Logging Software:  DXKeeper or Ham Radio Deluxe.