  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 2:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Message ID in multipsk

  Patrick,

  Thanks for adding the messaging feature. Andy, K3UK, and I were able to copy
Sholto's, RS messages some 3700km away on 20 meters. Sholto, K7TMG, was running
5 watts and a vertical antenna. We found the high sensitivity of the message
mode useful as signals fell below the decode threshold of the chat modes we
were using at the time.

  > The  RS ID is detectable at -16 dB but the Call ID only at about -13 dB
(however still better
  > than PSK31).

  Very sensitive, more than most sound card chat-modes. I'm not sure why
Patrick, but my SNR tests indicate that the RSID used for mode detection has a
6db advantage over the CALL ID. I ran both modes through the path simulator 10
times each and established a minimum SNR when they decoded 10 out-of 10 times
or 100%.

  I'll check all levels and try again.

  Thanks Patrick.

  Tony -K2MO