Hello,

> One way would do it. To use an analogy, you ring the phone and the
> operator decides if he wants to pick up. With RSID, Call
OK I see the analogy.

> By the way, is there currently a mechanism for monitoring the 3KHz
> passband for a certain Call ID and only alarming on that?
Yes there are several options (monitoring, automatic spot...). The covered
bandwidth can be 2.5, 3.3, 4.3 or 44 KHz on a SdR.
I have modified a bit the Call ID source to integrate a small "message ID"
(possibility to send small messages (9 characters max)  readable on the
waterfall).

73
Patrick