From: Andy obrien <k3uka...@gmail.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, January 13, 2010 7:44:07 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Haiti a test for emcomms

Yes Howard.  The HF Ale network is very active with hams standing by but I do
not see any actual use of the ALE stations, so far.  PSKmail , as I mentioned
earlier, appears tailor made for relaying traffic from/to Haiti .  from a ham
to an ISP server.  Winmor/Winlink could also carry traffic from the island and
pop in into the Internet.  The question is ... will any of these get any actual
use,  or will hams on the island revert to old tested methods...  phone nets
and phone patches ?

Andy K3UK